What is Gateway Stream?
THE Gateway Stream is Zimbabwe’s first super-app with nine sub-apps across a diverse range of products and services. Owned by Rainbow Tourism Group, the platform was locally conceptualised and developed to the platform it is today. The Gateway Stream is a homegrown innovation that Zimbabweans can be proud of.
A global diversified and unified online business ecosystem, Gateway Stream delivers perpetual, passive, and active income. The platform provides access to markets and connects customers with the highest quality of products and services. Now zero-rated, users will save on data costs when they use the platform as they will not have any charges during usage.
What products and services are available on the Gateway Stream?
- Hospitality and Leisure; This covers; Hotels, Homes & Boats, and Holiday Packages. Here users can book accommodation at listed hotels, lodges, and other alternative accommodation like campsites, boats, or a homestay. The Holiday Packages sub-app gives the user the freedom and control to create a holiday package as well as select from an exciting list of leisure activities. This is a model outside of the traditional pre-made holiday packages that give users the ability and control to create their holiday packages from the many activities available. There are multiple listed packages available as well. Gateway Stream has over 50,000 rooms across Africa. Some of the listed partners include the City Lodge Group of South Africa.
- Food and Drink sub-app; Users will find a variety of food options with over 45 restaurants. Customers can process their order on the platform and opt to either collect their meal or for Gateway Stream to deliver to their doorstep.
- Online shopping sub-app; With over 5000 hardware and appliances listed, users have a one-stop shop for all their building and DIY needs. This sub-app product range has been extended to now offer clothing, including school uniforms, through a strategic partnership with Enbee Stores.
- Groceries shopping sub-app; There are over 3000 grocery items listed per region. These include food items; meats, vegetables, beverages, and liquor; household items – detergents, toiletries, etc.
- Book-a-ride sub-app; This ride hailing service enables a user to book a trip and instantly get a driver allocated for pick up. The extensive driver network makes processing a trip easy, with all confirmations done instantly.
- Events & Venues sub-app; Users can book cinema tickets, virtual music concerts, and sporting events.
- Insurance sub-app; Through strategic partnerships with leading insurance service providers that include CBZ Insurance, First Mutual Life, and CredSure, Gateway Stream now offers a variety of insurance products which include motor vehicle, property, medical and funeral cover. These products are available for both the local and diaspora markets.
- Music sub-app; Gateway Stream Music is a multi-dimensional entertainment platform that offers audio, video, live-streaming services, and over 30,000 songs.
Users can enjoy free content streaming (music, videos), buy music, and watch live virtual shows through the Pay-Per-View feature. Artists can upload their music, set pricing, interact with fans through the interactive social feature and host virtual shows.
9. Online auctions; This is one of the most popular offerings on the platform, where customers can bid for a room and get very competitive rates, book, then pay online
How can I pay for products and services available on the platform?
Gateway Stream has various payment options for the convenience of users as follows:
- Local mobile money platforms (Ecocash, Onemoney, Tele cash.)
- V-payments (Locally issued bank cards Zimswitch).
- MasterCard, Visa card, Amex, international cards.
- Regional mobile payments (Airtel Money, Vodafone mPesa MTN mobile money, M-Pesa, Tigo Pesa).
- Direct Payments Online (DPO) for countries on the African continent.
What is the geographical reach?
Gateway Stream has regional offices in Harare, Bulawayo, Matabeleland North, Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, and Kadoma, to ensure seamless service. The geographical coverage of these regions is extended beyond these cities and towns to the more distant places such as Gokwe, Gwanda, and Chipinge through a nodal network. This ensures that deliveries across the country are done within our delivery promise timeline of 48 hours, in a coordinated manner. Most of our users are Zimbabweans living in the diaspora ordering for their loved ones. We have received orders from the UK, USA, Russia, Australia, Dubai, Kazakhstan, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, and Botswana amongst many other countries.
What benefits can users look forward to from Gateway Stream?
- The Gateway Stream provides multiple options and choices for any product /service
– Over 3000 grocery and 5000 hardware products per region
– Over 45 restaurants listed in Harare
– Over 50,000 accommodation rooms across Africa
- Convenience and ease of use:
– You save money, fuel, time, and data costs – simply place your order
online, our efficient team of shoppers shop on your behalf and deliver
to your doorstep.
- The platform is user-friendly with a clear and well-defined user interface.
– Ease of registration/sign up (Phone number and email)
– User activity history
- Instant booking and multiple payment options
- Mobile money
- Bank card
- Online payments
- Widest national geographical reach
- Safety and reduced risk of exposure to COVID-19
How can I access the Gateway Stream App?
Users can download the app from the Google Play Store for Android devices and Apple’s App Store for IOS devices or visit the website www.gatewaysream.com.
Customers can also place their orders through our WhatsApp line +263 772 298 779
Or call our Call Centre on +263 242 758 496.