The soaring levels of unemployment in the country as well as the operational restrictions in the informal sector as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic has left a number of people without a source of income to sustain themselves as well as their families.
This has seen an increase in the number of home burglaries as well as burglaries on business premises. It has become very important for property owners to ensure that they are protected from these unfortunate and avoidable incidences.
Home and property security is very important as has been evidenced by an increase in the demand for security measures to protect property, be it residential or business.
The increase has been witnessed in the past few years and this is likely to continue to grow in the coming years due to the increase in crime. As Sentinel Security, our main objective is giving our customers peace of mind as we believe that we offer more than just a product but a good service as well.
With the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), security systems have now become a living part and extension of the user.
Imagine going away from home and still being able to know the environment of your home just by glancing at your smartphone or tablet. Even at home, you no longer need to leave the comfort of your protected space to go out and investigate what is happening outside… you can see the activity from the connected IoT devices.
It has also become very possible, through the use of analytics to draw virtual boundaries on your premises, which, when crossed, will sound an alarm and alert you wherever you are as long as you have internet access. So how do you get all these wonderful systems to the palm of your hand? Talk to Sentinel!
Sentinel Security was founded in 2011 as a Security Consultancy Company focusing mainly on Fraud and Security Risk Services, Physical Security Management (policies, procedures and awareness) and Cyber Crime and Security advisory. With the passing of time, the company diversified into technical security systems, with Sentinel Security Technology division taking shape in 2014.
Sentinel Security Technology specialises in the installation and maintenance of CCTV systems, access control systems (including electronic doors, booths and gates), intruder and fire detection systems. We are proud to be associated with leading brands for electronic security systems. We have had successes with analytics, where our deployed solutions provide inbuilt analytics. These smart surveillance solutions offer an array of features, which include the following:
- temperature screening integration with Thermal Camera. This is useful in managing issues of covid19 which have affected the worldwide population. The temperature monitoring solutions are designed as a screening tool that can be used to identify individuals’ temperature with the detected temperature displayed on the monitoring screen.
- An alarm can be sounded if a person is loitering near an area of interest, for example at ATM machine or outside your home for longer than a specified period of time.
- A “No Motion” algorithm could typically be used in a control room environment to monitor the control room operators or security guards guarding your premises to check their level of alertness. If “No Motion” has been detected from the operator seating area for a specified time, an alarm will be triggered. This algorithm is used to indicate that the operator or security guard has fallen asleep or left the control room
- Integration with note counters to determine how much money has passed through a note counting machine and thereby giving an accurate count of cash held or dispensed
- Integration with access control systems to show the time an event occurred when a user access premises through live video feed and notifications
- Integration with Intruder detection system to provide required images in real-time for any suspected event that occurs. This integration allows you to view alarm events on your mobile devices (smartphone or tablet) and will allow you to call for assistance from wherever you are (subject to internet connectivity)
- Queue management and monitoring, where, in a retail environment, the operator or manager can check the turnaround time that a customer has been served thereby improving customer service
- Recording of vehicle registration numbers and storing them into a database for ease of contact tracing and crime investigations.
Our aim at Sentinel is for our customers to head towards a secure world and we are here to help you achieve a secure world for you, your loved ones and your precious valuables. Contact us on +263242006157, +263772568361 (call and WhatsApp), email firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also visit us online through our website www.sentinel.co.zw, Facebook @SentinelZW01 and Twitter @SentinelZW. We look forward to being a part of your secure world.