GOVERNMENT has pulled the plug on a planned Kariba Summer Cruise and Beach Party set for the resort town on September 25 and 26 as the arts and entertainment sector remains closed in line with the coronavirus (Covid-19) national lockdown regulations.
Nacz communication and marketing manager Rodney Ruwende said: “The sector remains closed. No arts activities are allowed to take place in the country unless they are held digitally. Yes, we understand that some artists are facing survival challenges due to Covid-19 but we encourage them to be patient and do the right thing of adhering to the Covid-19 regulations.”
“The event has been approved by the ministry of Tourism. We have agreed that it will be held in line with the Covid-19 regulations. We will enforce mandatory Covid-19 testing at the entrance, no mask no entry, all the rooms will be fumigated and sanitisers will be in plenty supply,” Cynthia Njagu, one of the event organisers.
“We are encouraging business to adhere to regulation of the Covid-19 pandemic that include wearing of face masks, using hand sanitisers and observing social distancing among other measures put in place by the ministry of Health in conjunction with the World Health Organisation,” ZTA publicist Godfrey ‘‘Chief’’ Koti said.
Government reopened tourism last week after almost half-a-year of closure due to the pandemic.