DeMbare continue to improve


HARARE – Dynamos coach Lloyd Mutasa insisted his charges are beginning to make progress after securing their first home win of the season beating fighting Ngezi Platinum Stars in a Castle Lager Premiership match here yesterday.

The win also saw the Glamour Boys find the target for the first time at home, having managed a goalless draw against Triangle while losing to CAPS United (0-1), Highlanders (0-2) and FC Platinum (0-1).

However, goals from Augustine Mbara and Roderick Mutuma were enough to end that poor run ensuring maximum points for DeMbare.

Yesterday’s victory came hard on the back of another win last weekend against Chapungu in Gweru.

Dynamos are now on eighth place on the log with 14 points from 10 matches. Mutasa was pleased with the result dedicating it to the team’s fans who perished in a road accident last weekend on their way to Gweru.

“I think you can see we are beginning to make some progress now. It feels great picking up our first win at home. And having failed to score again at home I think the win is a morale boost going forward,” Mutasa said after the match.

“I think we owe it to the fans. This win is for them. A lot has been going on lately. There was a report that we would play in an empty stadium but we thank the management for the timely intervention. This win is obviously for the fans given the state that we are currently in for those who died and those who are injured it was for the cause of the team. And this win is for them.”

Ngezi Platinum coach Clifton Kadurira, who was warming the bench for the incoming Tonderai Ndiraya, bemoaned missed chances.

“It was the same old story where we are failing to finish off our chances,” Kadurira said.

“We played some good football but in the end they got their chances and utilised them while we failed to utilise ours. We are going back to the drawing board and try to rectify our shortcomings. We are hoping to beef up our strike-force when the transfer window opens.”

The visitors looked menacing in the early stages and Stephen Alimenda almost beat his own goalkeeper with a header as he tried to clear his lines. However, Tonderai Mateyaunga was alert to tip the ball over for a corner.

Dynamos had a strong call for a penalty turned down by referee Ruzive Ruzive in the 24th minute when Ngezi defender Keith Murera       appeared to have handled inside the box under pressure to clear a Bret Amidu effort.

The home side broke the deadlock eight minutes from the break when Mbara headed past Ngezi goal-keeper Nelson Chadya from a Godknows Murwira corner kick.

DeMbare increased their lead in the 67th minute when Mutuma, who had earlier on replaced Carlos Rusere, connected a Masimba Mambare square ball.

Moments before full time Mutuma and Alimenda, however, hit a new low when they clashed on who should take a free-kick awarded to them.

Comments are closed.